Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Countdown Day -10

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

If one more person tells me how many days I have left before we leave, I will scream. Seriously, I will. Do I need that added stress in my life TEN DAYS before we leave for Uganda? No. TEN DAYS! That is how many I have before we leave.

Really I think I am in control. Really. No really. The basement playroom is suitcase central. Suitcases which I am very happy with, and they really only took 3 days of obsessing before I was over them. And I think I have almost everything we need. Almost everything (including every piece of spf clothing I could find in the greater Cleveland area). Really, I do. Because other than 10 bottles of sunscreen, what more do I need? And is that even enough? Because we will be right on the Equator during the dry season! Why did I let people talk me out of buying the gallon jug?!?!?

Seriously, I know everything will be fine. I will over pack and think why did I bring this stuff? And I will come home just as pale skinned as I am now. And we will have an awesome time and the kids will love it and NEVER fight the whole time there. And Eric and I will never get stressed out and snap at each other and the memories will be lovely, oh so lovely.

But first....I have to pack. And I only have 10 days.

1 comment:

anne mettam said...

Hi Guys-what a wonderful time you are having in Africa!!Wish we were there.Now CourtI do believe you were right to scream or whatever when you saw those hippos!!!they are scary i think(and mean too0and BIG.About the food-I say keep eating 'cause you never know when lunch may only be 2 courses!!I know I eat a lot on holiday and when I go to PS...but hey go for it.
Guess Eric is thrilled with the big Orange machine...Hil is desparate to get time off to sneak away a nd watch the games this week but probably won't.She will be with Meg in TO for the final so they are going to find a pub to watch it in.
retired man is so busy what with the soccer and now the TOUR has begun.....hope Eric can get it on iphone or tv somewwhere.today was very exciting with lots of crashes.
anyways thanks so much for travelogue -keep it up(must be tiring though)take care and enjoy the rest of the adventure.
love aunt annie